Once you have finished Installing and Configuring the Order Bridge, you can use it to get your pending orders into QuickBooks.
- First, make sure that QuickBooks is open to the correct company file.
- Open the Order Bridge program. Start> All Programs > Now Commerce > Order Bridge. The Download Pending Orders screen will appear.
- From the Download Pending Orders screen, click the Download Pending Orders button. When the pending orders appear, click Next. The Review New Customers screen will appear.
- From the Review New Customers screen, click Next if there are no new customers to review. If there are new customers, edit each customer to either add the new Customer/Order to QuickBooks, add the new Customer/Order as a new Job/Location for an existing customer, change the new Customer/Order to an existing customer, or prevent the Customer/Order from being added to QuickBooks. Once you have made your selections, click OK. Check the box next to “Confirm Customer Selections and New Customers to be added to QuickBooks”, then click Next. The Review Backorders screen will appear.
- From the Review Backorders screen, you will be able to tell if there is sufficient inventory according to QuickBooks. Optionally, uncheck any orders that you do not want to add to QuickBooks and click Next. The Confirm Orders screen will appear.
- (You will only need to do this step once) From the Confirm Orders screen, set the “Create Orders As” drop-down to Sales Orders, Invoices, Sales Receipts, or Estimates. Then click More Settings. The More Settings dialog box will appear. From the More Settings dialog box, set the Template drop-down to the desired template for the selected transaction type (required). All other settings are optional overrides. By checking Min Order Date, you can control the date assigned to the order. By checking Min Ship Date, you can control the ship date assigned to the order. The Line Item Sort order will, by default, add the line items in the order they appear on the order form. You could also add the line items in Item Name/Number order or by an item’s custom field value, such as bin location, by entering the name of the custom field. Order Notes in QB will, by default, add any notes to the memo of the QuickBooks transaction. Choosing Append to order lines will add any notes to the first available description line of the QuickBooks transaction. From this screen, you can also set the Default Class and default Customer Message, if desired. Checking To Be Printed or To Be Emailed will mark the appropriate boxes for these fields on the QuickBooks transaction for batch printing or emailing from QuickBooks. To use To Be Emailed, there must be a valid email for the customer in QuickBooks or on the information entered on the New Customer screen or the Order Bridge will return an error. Click OK to save your settings. You will be returned to the Confirm Orders screen.
- From the Confirm Orders screen, click the Send New Orders to QuickBooks button. As the orders are created, the status bar will display the new order number for each customer. Once all of the order numbers are displayed, click Close.